Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Da DA, da da da DAHHHH da
10-year-old Max spent his hard-earned money watering the neighbor's garden all summer on a Star Wars Lego General Grievous Wheelbike.
7-year-old Ben spends his free time creating Star Wars ships and scenes out of our Lego bin.
2-year-old James recognizes Star Wars characters in books, talks about "Torm-toopers" and makes things into light sabers.
But 4-year-old Andrew may be the most obsessed of all.
This is Luke Skywalker and R2D2 flying to Dagobah. Ben helps with these creations.
This is Andrew Padawan, which he wants to now be called. His older brothers said he would be a padawan if he rode a big ride at Lagoon, so he hopped over to the line and did it (if he can hop or jump or leap instead of walking, he will).
He even requested the Star Wars theme song the other night when I was singing songs with the younger boys before bed.
I had my hair pulled back in a low, messy bun, and Andrew said I looked like Princess Leia after she takes her helmet off while rescuing Han from the carbonite. That's better than what Ben said when I had my hair half up, and the rest over my shoulders -- "Mom, you look like Qui Gon Jinn!"
It's my fault, I am the one that introduced them to Star Wars. I like it. I also like Harry Potter, LOTR, American Ninja Warrior, football, basketball, baseball and other things the boys like.
But sometimes I really just want someone to share a chick flick or dancing show with, or to crochet, craft or sew something pink that I don't have to give away, or to braid someone's hair. One day at the playground, as they were being ninja warriors and talking my ear off about Star Wars characters, I got teary-eyed and said, "I have an extensive knowledge of movie musicals! No one ever asks me about that!"
So later we watched my favorite movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," with me and my boys all on the couch, and that felt nice. The boys liked it. The rowdy fighting scenes helped, I think. Now if I could get them to watch the new "Cinderella" with me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
<3 <3 <3
Post a Comment