Friday, January 2, 2015

New Years Eve 2014

Our friends the Peters invited us over for a party, and boy did we party.



We don't have video games at our house, so our boys were ecstatic while playing the new Mario Kart, though I think Andrew caught on that his controller didn't work.  James went up and down the stairs and grabbed any of the yummy food within his reach. JB and I talked and laughed with our friends.

We stayed until almost 10:30 PM.  It was close to 11 when the boys were tucked in bed. This is considered very late for us!

We are an early-to-bed, early-to-rise family. I've blogged in the past about my inability to stay up til midnight on New Year's Eve.  I'm just like my mom when I was growing up. She didn't work in the early AM like I do, but she always had a new baby keeping her up at night. I didn't have to work the next morning, but I knew my boys -- especially Benny. As soon as he sees that 7 on the clock, he bounds out of bed and tells Andrew and Max it's time to wake up.

So I changed their clock.

And we all slept in until 9 AM!  A new record.

You know when they are teenagers, we will be begging them to wake up on time.

In 2015, we hope to focus more on peace in our home. Peace among the brothers in how they treat each other, peace in how we parents react, peace in how we all feel about school and work and church callings and God's will and everything else.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Great idea to change their clocks! And I love your new year's resolution. Peace is something we talk about constantly in our house.