Thursday, January 30, 2014

James's first haircut

This sweet baby boy was born with a ton of hair, and didn't lose any of it like my other babies. Despite it getting in his eyes and curling over his ears, I have been in denial of him needing a hair cut for a while.

JB: The time has come to talk about...
Mary: Ssssshhhhhhhh. Other babies are jealous of this amazing hair.

A few weeks later, he would try again.

JB: Don't you think James is looking a little like a baby hobo?
Mary: Wha? Nooooooo.

And again.


JB: I think we should get baby J a trim-up.
Mary: WHY DO YOU HATE OUR BABY?

Finally, when rice cereal was getting stuck to his hair and then in his eyes, I gave in.

We went to the barber shop and he sat on my lap like such a big boy.

He was very curious about what was going on around him.  Andrew was curious about what was in his nose:



She started to trim away. And I started the ugly cry.



Ok, stop it Mary, it's not an operation, just a trim!  I mean, look how much better he is looking already:



At one point James tried to turn around and nurse. "Since we are sitting here, momma....."


Starting to feel like he's done with this:


Done!


Cuter!


Stronger!


And still my baby, even with shorter hair.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

You kept his curls, right? He certainly does look handsome with his new do!

Suz said...

CUTE! Way to be strong. Mama! I cry at almost every milestone...I told Phin to stop growing so fast just today.

Sarah Preston said...

OH Mary you are too funny! I love the picture and commentary of Andrew picking his nose. James looks so handsome!

Dr. LeAnne Deardeuff, D.C. said...

Oh it is the grandma cry! I cried when any of my boys got their first haircut and Michael was three years old! He had the cutest blond curly mop. Then of course their was Enoch whose only word he ever said was when he got a haircut. And he would be so pathetic about it. "HAIR".

cpace said...

He didn't lose any of his cute baby face. Just more handsome now!!