Friday, August 23, 2013

School starts

My big boys started school this week!


Benny is in the morning kindergarten class, and Max is in the new 3rd/4th split class this year.


Benny is still getting to know the others in his class, while Max kind of knows a couple of kids in his class. He's excited to be with the older kids and he likes that he has a male teacher this year.



Andrew and James waited with me for Benny to be done with kindergarten.


Smiling after his first day!


Then we walked back to get Max, and I snapped this as he was running up already talking his head off about his day.



The boys spent pretty much every moment of the summer together and miss each other now that they are separated.

For example, there was an assembly at school.

Max: "Benny, I saw you in the assembly!"  Benny: "Reawy? I wooked for you and I heard them say your teachow's name!" (I'm assured those Ls and Rs will come this year).

Andrew walks around the house looking for the big boys, and when Benny is home from kindergarten he asks several times when it is time to go get Max.  But when they are together they still fight, don't worry. It's not all lovey-dovey around here, it's normal!



No comments: