Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Soooo big!

Andrew-chunker-Drewbers-baby-boy is now one year old!

I gave him his first present Sunday morning. It's his own snack bowl, so he won't steal the other babies' snacks at church.


We had cake and presents after Sunday dinner at Nona and Papa's house. Those helpful older brothers assisted in blowing out the candle and opening his presents.




A first birthday wouldn't be complete without losing those clothes and smashing a piece of cake.




On Monday he had his 12-month checkup. He's 30.25 inches long, which is the 67th percentile (but he wiggled during the measurement) and he's 21 1/2 pounds, which is only the 27th percentile! He has dropped in percentile again, so the Dr recommended we try to plump him up. Whole milk, cheeses, nut butters, etc. We have immediately started working on that.

Now that he's a year old, I can start to wean him. But this baby more than my others is very attached to nursing. It's going to be a challenge! We may just keep going for a while....

Andrew is just such a joy, despite his lingering stubbornness to go to sleep on his own consistently. He claps, points, says mama, dadda, and "more." He loves to be read to, and to share whatever you are eating. He is great with that pincer grasp at putting anything in his mouth. He stands by himself, and he took two steps on his own Saturday night and again tonight! But each time I squeal, or the boys yell "LOOOOKKK!!!" and it scares him and he sits down.

Don't grow up too fast, baby.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy birthday Andrew!!! He looks so chubby and healthy - who would guess he's in the 27th percentile for weight? I wish someone would tell me to plump up!

Brooke said...

He's adorable. I just love him! Cory's pretty much the same percentage wise and my doctor wasn't concerned at all. She said its really common for babies to get a lower percentile when they start trying to walk. I think our little guys are pretty much perfect!