Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our Missouri trip

In 5 days, we were in 4 states. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Illinois. Well, we were in Iowa for about 20 minutes as we drove to Nauvoo, Illinois for the wedding. And we were in Kansas for a short time, for some great barbecue.


When we landed at the Kansas City airport on Saturday we went to LC's in the city for lunch with my sister Bekah and brother James.



It was gooood.

Then we drove 1 1/2 hours to my parents' house in the Chillicothe area. Funny, we woke up so early Saturday to get on the plane, and I thought the boys would nap on at least one of the two flights. They finally slept in the rental car. Too excited I guess.

Andrew liked Grandma a lot:


Max remembered a lot from our trip two years ago, namely the chickens, garden and bunkbed. So we had to see all those things first!



(James, Joe catch some escaped chickens)


My mom's garden is huge. And amazing. We ate fresh peppers, tomatoes, onions and herbs while we were there.



The next day, my little brother Stephen showed the boys a great time.



And he caught another escaped fowl.

Max and Benny loved gathering eggs twice a day and feeding those birdies and the rabbits. I think my family liked having people help with the chores. Free labor.

No comments: