We went to Mary Poppins this weekend! I'm still humming the songs.
- When Bert pops out of the chimney in the beginning, Max hissed, "He looks real!" I whispered, "He IS real." This became the theme of the day, even though I thought I talked about it with them before. They just heard "theater" I guess and thought movie theater.
- Both boys kept holding out their hands for snacks. Constantly.
- The part when the toys came alive I found creepy, but that was Benny's favorite part -- and I hear, his 2-year-old cousin Jane's favorite part: "Look, a big bunny!"
- Benny noticed the stage lights changing colors and was so fascinated he forgot to ask for snacks for about 5 minutes.
- When Bert dances upside down I about jumped up for a standing ovation. Incredible.
- Max was rather mad when I took him and Benny to the bathroom. "This one is for girls," he scolded.
- Near the end, Mary Poppins flies out over the audience and up to the mezzanine. Benny said, rather loudly, "How did she get out of the TV?"