Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mary Poppins


We went to Mary Poppins this weekend! I'm still humming the songs.




Some memories:



  • When Bert pops out of the chimney in the beginning, Max hissed, "He looks real!" I whispered, "He IS real." This became the theme of the day, even though I thought I talked about it with them before. They just heard "theater" I guess and thought movie theater.



  • Both boys kept holding out their hands for snacks. Constantly.



  • The part when the toys came alive I found creepy, but that was Benny's favorite part -- and I hear, his 2-year-old cousin Jane's favorite part: "Look, a big bunny!"



  • Benny noticed the stage lights changing colors and was so fascinated he forgot to ask for snacks for about 5 minutes.



  • When Bert dances upside down I about jumped up for a standing ovation. Incredible.



  • Max was rather mad when I took him and Benny to the bathroom. "This one is for girls," he scolded.



  • Near the end, Mary Poppins flies out over the audience and up to the mezzanine. Benny said, rather loudly, "How did she get out of the TV?"

3 comments:

Collette said...

Hey thanks again Mary for hooking us up! Emily loved all the magic.

Suz said...

I love their cute commentary...

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a lot of funny moments. I think I liked the last phrase the best. Got to love the kids. This is all new to them.