Friday, June 11, 2010

A baby story

Three months ago Max prayed for a baby so we could get a minivan.

He has been obsessed with minivans ever since our friends the Butterys came to stay with us for a few days. He loved their van's space -- and DVD player. Since then he has been for a ride in our neighbors' minivan as well. Now he sometimes makes Benny enter or exit through his side of the car, saying "It's just like a van!"

Max asked JB and me if we could get a minivan too. I think one of us made the offhand comment like, "Oh, we would have to have another baby before we would need something that big."

Next thing I know, his little blond head is bowed and he's offering the following prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father, please let us have another baby so that we can have a minivan. NameofJesusChristAmen."

Today I am happy to announce that I am three months pregnant.

15 comments:

The Taylors said...

Congradulations! that is exciting news. except i kind of already knew. your dad spilled the beans to my mom a couple weeks ago! but we are all still way excited for you guys. and for ben and max to get there van!
Garrett loves those minivans too. Its got to be all that space. its like a fort to them or something. we are going to attempt squishing all 3 of our babies in our little corola. wish us luck.

PaigeE said...

That's so cute! Congratulations.

autumn said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your little family. May all of Max's minivan dreams come true. And yours as well. ;)

Suz said...

I'm thinking that the title of your blog post will be changing...wonder what it will be.

Caitie said...

Wow, I should hire him to pray for things that I want! He is so cute and hilarious. Congratulations!

Jenny Richards said...

that is so exciting! Congratulations! I love babies and baby stories.

Brooke said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! We'll have to swap lots of pregnancy stories. That story about your little boy is so cute. Maybe he'll have a little sister?

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! I hope the pregnancy goes well and that you're feeling good.

Rachelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MARY!!!! That's so exciting!! I hope you made it through the first trimester without feeling really sick all the time . . .

So, do you have the minivan picked out???

Kim said...

Congrats! So exciting! and I say do it - my minivan rocks=)

Sarah Preston said...

I know I have already told you, but congratulations. Apparently Max's prayers get answered so have him say a few prayers for me.
Also I think Max may be the only man that has ever prayed for a minivan.

rosann said...

Yahooo!!! Way to go Max - 'cuz I'm sure it's all due to him! Now as long as there's space for that minivan (not to mention baby!)at your current home, all will be well! Congrats.

Jared and Allyson said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

AHHH! This is SUPER exciting news! Congratulations you guys! :)

Sarah said...

AWESOME!! Three is so MUCH FUN!!! Just keep reading my blog and I will keep you updated on the fun you will have with three. Now....I am praying you have a girl, but I am sure you will have another boy!! You will have the boys, I will have the girls. I am very happy for you!! Congrats!! So....does that make you due around....November???