Monday, August 4, 2008

Naptime conversations

What's with Max turning three and stopping naps? Up until last week, most days he would sleep up to two hours in the afternoons. I have Ben's schedule set so he sleeps at that same time too, and therefore so do I. Heaven. But, maybe it's the cold Max has, maybe the fact that he's now three, but the most he's slept in the afternoon is 20 minutes. I've ended up taking him into bed with me once or twice so he won't wake up Ben. Overheard:

"Mommy, can I play with the radio?"

Me, mumbling with my eyes closed, "No, it's nap time now. Lay down."

Max, whispering: "I need a bandaid."

Me: "Still nap time. Close your eyes."

Max: "a b c D EE FFFF GGGGG!"

Me: "Be qui....zzzzzzzz"

My favorite moment though, is when he wiggled closer and said "Mommy, that's Jesus in that picture on the wall." I couldn't really shush him for that, now could I?

I think I'll still put him down at the same time every afternoon, but if he doesn't sleep it will have to be called quiet time from now on. Same rules of staying in bed apply. I need it!

No comments: