What a nice weekend -- packed with family and friends. A quick visit with my sister Rachel, my brother Joe & wife Susan & darling baby Kaylee, then the beautiful baptism of our friend Gracie on Saturday morning and early afternoon.
On Sunday morning was the blessing of JB's sister Sarah and husband Joe's baby Kate. I drove to Idaho Saturday afternoon with three of my boys, while Benny had gone ahead with cousins (thank you again! He had fun, I had fewer fights in the car...though I missed him), and JB went to the victorious Utah football game with his dad, and drove up that night to meet us at the hotel.
This baby loved the hotel pool. He splashed on my lap in the steps next to Andrew, both so dapper in their swim diapers (no, Andrew is NOT potty trained. No, I'm not even trying). Then baby James fell asleep in the towel poolside.
These three shared one bed, at first. They look so peaceful here, but it took some jostling ("He's on my night-night!" "I don't have room!" "Let's put Andrew in the middle so he doesn't fall off!") Then loud Andrew kept calling out in his sleep and bothering Benny or something, so in the middle of the night JB moved Benny in with me and the baby, and he went next to Andrew.
I had asked JB, "Do you think we should bring the pack'n play for the baby?" And he just looked at me: "He's going to end up in bed next to you anyway." Haha, very true. I love to nurse in bed at night and snuggle my babies.
Sunday was the blessing at church for sweet Kate. I loved her long white dress. She's such a good baby. We put her in between Phin and James again for a picture in her crib to show how they are growing.
And we had all the Richards cousins on Sarah and Joe's couch for a picture. Babies holding babies!
They all smiled and no one screamed! We loved seeing their new home, too. We'll have to go again.
3 comments:
That last shot is one for the history books!
Come visit us! We'd love to have you!! For future planning, Balloon Fiesta is always the first 2 weekends in October. Bishop Richards could sneak away on General Conference weekend and not even miss church :o) Or come any time of year - our door is always open to your cute family!
I am so glad you guys were able to come up! I love the cousin photo!
Post a Comment