Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In good hands

I have been back at work for about 3-4 weeks now.  I remember this letter I wrote when Andrew was 3 months old and I went back to work. 

I feel the same way now --It's hard, and I miss my boys a lot. But I'm very glad that:

- they sleeping through a lot of the time I'm gone
- they can spend good time with daddy in the mornings
- the older boys are proud when their teachers tell them they heard their mom on the radio
-they are good friends with their dad. Andrew and James give him such good cuddles....and some sass.
-somehow between us we take care of the house & laundry (and JB is an excellent cook)
-Baby James takes pumped bottles when I'm not there, but is happy to nurse when I come back


Just look at this picture JB took yesterday. The boy isn't starving!



We have the same schedule -- don't call the house from 1-3 pm because it's QUIET time! Momma and the two youngers are napping, the two olders can have their TV time if not in school then.

Related to this, a lot of people ask me how it's going with JB now being a bishop.

"Do you and the kids ever see him?" they say.

The answer is, YES!

Thankfully his job as a mortgage loan officer is so flexible that he can be at home with the boys in the mornings, and can schedule things the way he needs in the afternoons.  He's such a good man. It's not easy all the time, but so far I think it's working for our family.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

It really is ridiculous how gorgeous your boys are! It sounds like you guys have a really great routine, knock on wood. Those boys are so lucky to have you and JB for parents!