Friday, October 11, 2013

Four months old

So, Sweet Baby James's four month photo shoot didn't go so well....

I think he thought the pumpkin was a bit much. But, to quote Doris Day, "He's my roly-poly baby, I'm satisfied! Yeah yeah roly poly." We are loving this little snort-a-snuffalofogus. That's what I call him when he has a cold and sounds like a little piglet. 

At his four month checkup, he weighed 17 pounds 14 ounces and was 26.5 inches long. She stretched out his chubby cankle. I don't think he's that long, but he's always curled up a big like a potato bug anyway. That's somewhere in the 90s for percentiles for height and weight.

Max had his 8 year checkup at the same time. Here they both are at the doctor's office with me:

 


By the way, Max is also off the charts. He weighs 75 pounds and is 56 inches tall (4'8). He's rapidly approaching some women I know!  I just know our boys are all going to be too tall for our basement and our kitchen table when they grow up.

Both boys are doing great, and meeting/exceeding milestones. James is figuring out how to grab things and shove them in his mouth. He rolls over, when we put him down that is. He likes to be held so he can see things better.  He also giggles and smiles a lot, and stares at the older boys.  Love him!

2 comments:

Suz said...

He is one cute little potato bug!

Emily said...

So cute to see Max being such a fun older brother. Reminds me of JB singing the Muffin Man song to baby Scottie!