Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Opinionated

At family dinner on Sunday I was asked which one of my boys is more opinionated. I immediately said "Max."

The response was "Are you sure?"

I looked over to see Ben squealing, shaking his head "NO!" and about to throw his dinner off his highchair tray. Hmmm, Ben is giving Max a run for his money all of a sudden.

He has started to use his teeth to get what he wants. He left a mark on Max's head after Max took a ball from him. He throws his body backwards while in your arms if you don't go where he wants.

This morning JB says he tried to offer Ben several of his favorite foods for breakfast. Angry nope, nope, nope. Instead he toddled over to the closet and pulled out a granola bar and wanted that.

What has happened to my sweet baby?! I blame teething. If I could bring that molar all the way out for him I think he'd be much happier.

By the way I think Max is growing more patient, especially with Benny. He never strikes back physically. But I have noticed he'll secretly take Ben's toys and hide them. Just my kind of passive-aggressiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Teething has been an interesting process to watch with my niece & nephews. They all deal differently.

So funny that Max hides Ben's toys!!

Anonymous said...

Douglas suddenly "needs" everything. He doesn't say that he "wants" something but that he "needs" it. It makes it seem like we are withholding things from the poor kid. The other day I made the observation that it was kinda nice when I didn't really understand what he was saying but now that he can pretty much express himself with words, there is really no excuse for not understanding. Boy, words are a powerful too for a 2 year old.