Friday, March 27, 2009

Seattle Odds and Ends

JB researched before our trip and found some amazing places to eat. On our first day, Thursday, we ate at Red Mill, near the zoo. Fantastic smoky sauce on the burgers, and the next day at the reception Natalie told us it's a family favorite so that felt good!


On Friday we at at Mike's Chili Parlor, featured on one of our favorite shows, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." The chili was delicious. The wind, not so much.
On Saturday we popped into Niketown, and JB found a remake of the Air Pegasus, the very first Nike shoe he ever owned as a young lad.
On Saturday we ate lunch at El Puerco Lloron, a place Alicia and Natalie's uncle recommended at the reception. It's tucked into a corner in a landing on the way down the stairs from Pike's Market to the waterfront. Amazing pork. So yummy. Plus real sugar CocaCola from Mexico.
Here's another picture of us on the streets of Seattle. I like this one because the guy told us to crouch down so that he could get the Market sign in the background. It looks like I'm hugging JB's leg.

We saw this little doggy in a front pack at the Museum of Flight. JB pretended to be taking a picture of me, but I think the woman knew what we were up to.

We packed as much as we could into two and a half days, but I would have loved to have seen this cute girl (my friend Autumn's little sister) and this talented girl (my cousin's wife). Next time we'll take our little boys to see their great-grandparents and Uncle Michael. Next time we are definitley eating more seafood.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I have loved your Seattle posts! Jeff and I are going in May with some other couples, and I am quite thankful for the eating tips! That's the best part, right?

autumn said...

I think the picture of you hugging JB's leg is hysterical.

It looks like you guys had a blast!

Amanda said...

You guys are so sneeky! Taking a picture of that lady with her DOG, HA, sounds like something Justin and I would do... HA!!!

Killer Shoes JB!

sara said...

sooooo you were here without telling us huh???? well we'll get you next time! HA!