Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reality Check

I don't want this to turn into a TV blog, but I do have some things to say. Megan -- Rockin' Robin? Really? On Michael Jackson night? But wow, Adam Lambert was rockin'. And the guy with the guitar I don't remember from the Hollywood round was cool. Very Jason Mraz-y.


On to Dancing With the Stars. Always have loved it. But 13 couples? C'mon. Pull an American Idol and eliminate two next week. I like the teeny gymnast, David Alan Grier, and the girl the Bachelor spurned.



Amazing Race -- it would make me wring my hands every week if I wasn't onto the producers' tricks. Quick shots between the last two couples -- who will make it to the mat first? Who will be eliminated? Back and forth, forth and back, it's a race! But many times it's not really a race. Last week the sky was much darker over one of the last two couples. Still, I will never give up the show. It's too much fun. We like to talk about who JB would race with, because it ain't gonna be me. Remember my breakdown on the zipline in Costa Rica? Maybe he should race with his sister Suzanne. They'd be good together.


America's Next Top Model. My guilty pleasure that makes me squirm when I confess I watch it. My sister and I now just tape it, fast forward through all the drama and get to the photo shoot and judging. Tyra is fierce!


Big Bang Theory. Not a reality show. Well, maybe it is for some people! It's my new favorite sitcom.

4 comments:

autumn said...

My sister and I think we should travel together. We would most certainly be the first ones kicked off, but, I think, we would be the most entertaining of the bunch...

Anonymous said...

I only have one photo in my hands. And this photo represents the girl who will still be in the running for America's Next Top Model. I will only call one name. And the name that I do not call must immediately return to the house, pack your bags, and go home...

I'm with you on The Big Bang Theory. Why did I wait so long to pick this show up?! Leonard is so squeezably nerdy and Sheldon is a hot mess of neuroses. But I can't look at Wolowitz without thinking "I'm Moist. At my most badass, I make people want to take a shower."

Jacks said...

I'm all about talking TV.

I kind of liked Rockin' Robin. Had it been anyone else's voice - I would have hated it. But with an edge? I like it. Particularly the Caa Caa she yelled out at the very end. I was totally won over. Yes on Adam Lambert. And the guy with guitar was boring and shouldn't have made it through the last round (but did make it through because of his looks). He was much more interesting with a guitar in his hands.

I must admit - completely not into Dancing with the Stars. It bores me.

Yeah! Amazing Race! Yeah! America's Next Top Model - don't feel bad about your confession. I watch Real Housewives of every city out there. I'd say that's more embarrassing than Next Top Model.

And Amen to Big Bang Theory.

merebuff said...

I miss miss miss Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is hilarious. We do get Idol out here, but without a TV I don't get to watch it. But I never was much of an Idol fan anyway.