Friday, March 21, 2008

Recovery

I'm feeling much much better today. Instead of pain, I just feel sore in my lower tummy, like I've done too many sit-ups. I've only known that feeling probably once in my life -- the time I actually tried to do sit-ups. I was in a weight-lifting class in college with my sister. We convinced the teacher that since we were girls, we didn't have to do full push-ups like boys.

While recovering I thought besides other sitting down tasks, I'd work on sprucing up this blog. Instead, I spent my time on the Internet trying to find out if those costumed characters on Barney are child actors or little people. Couldn't find out. But I did learn that the guy in the Hip Hop Harry costume used to be Barney. No wonder Max loves those two shows so much. "When I say hip hop, you say Harry! Hip hop HARRY hip hop HARRY!"

5 comments:

Lexie said...

Mary, I think I remember when you did that weight-lifting class. I am sorry you're sore though and good luck with your uncovering of information on children's TV characters, isn't it funny what things sometimes strike a cord and you really want an answer to?

Anonymous said...

I remember that class. I think the teacher was too embarrassed to argue the push-up point! Why they had a guy teaching a girls' weight-lifting class I will never know. I also remember you being obssessed with Chumbawumba's "Tub-Thumping" and hearing it at least once every class period. Ah git knawcked down, but ah git up agin, yer never gonna keep me down...

Mary said...

How funny that you remember that song, Bekah! Lex I remember you bought the CD but when we looked at the lyrics, we discovered the song seemed to have a different meaning than we thought. Wow, that was 10 years ago.

Jacks said...

AH! I had to have the same surgery a few years ago. You sound like you are doing great! I know the feeling - how is walking? I can't imagine juggling kids on top of it. You're so tuff. What channel is the Harry show? I'm not familiar. We're in a Charlie & Lola phase.

Mary said...

Walking isn't too bad actually! Hip Hop Harry is on TLC shortly after 7 AM. I should check out Charlie and Lola. I hear Max and Ruby is a good one too.