Thursday, March 13, 2008

That wasn't Bambi

Max saw two deer in the backyard of Nona's house (Grandma Richards) and has been talking about it ever since. He does a play-by-play about how he first spotted them from the downstairs window, then he went upstairs onto the deck with Nona. But being outside while the deer were out there freaked him out. He told me later "they didn't hurt me or Baby Ben." I guess he thinks deer are animals that hurt. I'm glad he's protective.

It reminds me of when he met the Jazz Bear. We tried to get a cute picture, instead he's screaming and pushing that poor mascot away. He was almost a year old then. Last fall he went with JB to a Jazz game and loved seeing Bear -- for days he told me, "I went to game with daddy and saw bear and bear sprayed. He sprayed momma!" Silly string that is. Now this new deer experience has replaced his other animal encounter I guess.

Speaking of protecting Baby Ben, Max freaks out when I vacuum. He runs to the couch, tucks in his feet, and chatters at me -- "Don't vacuum me! Don't vacuum Baby Ben! Don't vacuum my toys!"

No comments: