Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So Grateful

Today I am feeling so grateful for the three men in my life -- one tall handsome man and two little handsome boys that is. I had surgery today to remove a large cyst on my ovary, and before I went into the OR I was just worried about my boys. I worried that something could happen to me or that I may not see my guys again for a while. But it was all worry for nothing. We are all home now, the cyst is gone, and the Dr said I should be fine. I just can't lift anything. I've been cheating and lifting my sweet chubby baby, but my darling Max is 35 pounds and that's too much for the next little while. Anyway I just love my family so much and am glad this wasn't anything like all those other scary things so many people have to go through. JB was right there the whole day near me minus the time he had to wait in the waiting room. My awesome mother-in-law and the rest of the family were wonderful watching the boys for us all day. I just wanted to kiss them all over when I saw them again! Ben is all squealy now as he finds his voice, and Max told me all about going to the slide with Aunt Suzanne.

Here are two pictures I took with my cell phone of my guys on the couch.


Ben's trying to eat Max's fingers.

And he succeeds!

Off to bed now. I'm a little sore, but some sleep and more pain meds should help. Plus I have the next two days off work to recover.

4 comments:

Lexie said...

Mary,
I'm so glad everything went well, that must have been so scary. Even though surgery is so safe, I felt the same way when I had my thyroid surgery. I was so emotional, I even wrote both of my girls a letter that I saved to the computer and told Todd to give them if something went wrong, isn't that silly? It really does make you appreciate them and the time you get to spend with them, doesn't it? Good luck with the recovery, I'll be praying for you!

AO said...

Oh, Mary, I am SO glad everything went well. I get scared if I even get sick! I'm so pathetic... anyways, it's so much fun you have a blog!

Sarah said...

I am so glad all is well with you. I too would have been a bit scared! Thanks for letting us know you are doing well:)(Oh the joys of being a woman!)

autumn said...

Glad to see your recovery is going well! Surgery really does suck and is scary no matter how small it is. That is a fact.