Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Fire trucks

I will be 80 and still turn around to point out fire trucks to non-existent kids in the back seat.

So imagine my surprise and my kids' joy when we saw trucks parked and available for tours beside the field during Andrew's baseball game on Saturday.

Girlie LOVED it. "Guck! Guck!" she exclaimed while pointing at the trucks.




After I got her out, she tried to climb back in.


The big boys were not there with us, but may have been too big/too cool to climb in. Andrew and James jabbered away into these headsets in the back of the wildland fire fighting truck. "I copy, do you copy? I copy, do YOU copy?"




And then these headsets in the back of the ladder engine truck.




They got to take turns practicing with the hose.




The ladder went up into the sky as we were watching Andrew's game.





Once I finally started watching Andrew play, I realized we should work more on his swing at home in our backyard.