Tuesday, May 8, 2018

BYU Women's Conference

Last Friday, as I try to do almost every year, I attended one of the two days of BYU Women's Conference.  

I take lots of notes, I crochet a hat in-between times to donate, and I come away uplifted and well-fed spiritually and physically (BYU brownies or Cougar Tails are always part of the trip).

I loved the beginning session, where the speaker talked about the WHY of the gospel versus the what and how. If I can get back to the why reasons, then the how it all happens will fall into place.





Being with these two sisters the whole day made me want to hang out with them more. They are so funny! And kind and creative and thoughtful. And it made me miss my sisters in other states (CA, KS, MO).

I liked the session on the Sabbath Day (often on my mind), and I really liked the session on social media use, and how to set goals for how I use it. I often think of whether I am using my time and talents in the right way, and one of the presenters is one of the LDS Church's social media producers. She says 90 percent of what is online about the Church is negative. Only 10 percent is positive. They need our help to spread goodness.

Elder and Sister Gong spoke in the concluding session (here is my quick writeup of that). They also have four sons. I am impressed by their dedication to doing good around the world.

No comments: