Do you know what's really fun? Seeing your kids in their element, among their little people.
Back in March, after flying to Seattle for the weekend funeral, I had Monday off work, so I used it to go visit two of my boys at school and eat lunch with them (I wouldn't have made it to the middle school for Max this time).
Andrew thrives off of making people laugh and joking with his friends. I was amazed that he finished his food.
I brought lunch for James and Millie and me. James was thrilled to have a Capri Sun of his own (he always begs for them but I rarely give in). Millie must have been stuffing her cheeks with something yummy below.
Then we went out to play with Andrew on the playground with the rest of the first graders. When the bell rang and he ran back inside, it was time for the fourth-grade lunch and we went back in to be with Ben and then back outside to play with him. This is the only picture I grabbed, of him playing basketball with a group of boys. He ate quite quickly so he could get out to the court.
He sometimes comes home with scraped or bruised elbows or knees. I have also had to mend a lot of Andrew's pants from his play. That's ok, it's a good thing!



No comments:
Post a Comment