Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A timeline to an announcement

August - broken heart
(It still aches any time I hear someone accidentally say Millie instead of Millicent at family gatherings. It got so bad at a recent dinner, that I hid and cried.)

September - gave away baby clothes

October - James starts yelling "SURPRISE!" in Sacrament meeting

November - positive pregnancy test

December - all the feels. Excitement, fear, nausea, gagging, anxiety, tears, prayers, insomnia, spit spit spit spit spit (we had to tell our boys about the pregnancy earlier than usual because of all the spit. Max was guessing. Others at church and work also guessed early).

January - Waiting. Waiting for results of the blood test that will tell us of any genetic issues, and also the gender of the baby.

I appreciate so much all those who have told me how much I am on their mind or in their prayers. I need the support, and it's hard for me to ask for help instead of bottling it all inside. I hope to keep everyone posted, soon. 

What helps me the most is to remember that fear and faith cannot exist at the same time. I often stop to identify the ways God has touched my life during the day. I also soon hope to blog about Christmas, New Year's Eve and Ben's baptism -- all such wonderful events and blessings.


5 comments:

cpace said...

I got so excited thinking you were going to announce whether it's a boy or girl. Oh well I'll try to be patient.

Rachelle said...

Yay!! So happy for you!

Brooke said...

I'm so happy for you and your adorable family!

Sarah said...

Oh how exciting!! Congrats!! You are much braver then I!! I have to stop at 4!!

Brooke said...

Time to update your timeline!