Monday, January 18, 2016

Ben's Baptism

All of a sudden, our Benny-baby Benji-boy was old enough to be baptized. He was excited about it, and when I asked him if he had any more questions he asked if the water was dangerous or cold. Max promptly responded that "it's really warm, don't worry."


It was just Ben and another girl in our own ward who had the whole stake baptism day, so we were surrounded by friends and neighbors. He had such a cute smile next to her on the stand that I immediately thought of betrothing them.


Afterward we had family and friends over to the church gym for JB's smoked pulled pork and other goodies people brought.



Some of the sweet and supportive crowd:





 

 Bart brought this rocket stomper and the cousins were enthralled. 



I like this family picture of us. Our boys are getting so tall and handsome



I think the best part of being baptized at 8 (because I still think they are so young), is that now Ben will have the Holy Ghost as a comforter and a guide for him. The world is getting scarier with temptations and evils aimed at children, and hopefully Ben will feel of the divine help from above.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good work, Ben! Congratulations on your baptism!