Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Babymoon - Houston

JB and I were able to get a great deal on a cruise (we love cruising. Love it.), and we went last week out of Houston to some Caribbean stops.

And do you know who is in Houston? Texas Richards relatives!  

JB's cousin York picked us up from the airport and took us right to Rudy's Barbecue. Hea-ven. We met Uncle Malcolm and Aunt Sandy there and there was so much good food.  Cousin Greg says they put white chocolate in the creamed corn to make you crave it fortnightly.






Then that night, in true Texas hospitality fashion, Greg and Stacy and their youngest Brock took us to Lupee's for what they called "the best beef fajitas."


Speak on, sweet lips that never told a lie.


York ordered three pounds and the waiter looked us all over as if sizing up our stomachs. Hey, maybe leftovers are a good thing, senor.

Saturday morning Malcolm and Sandy took us around their lovely home, full of incredible things brought back from their world travels. We also had yummy Blue Bell ice cream (very Texas), and they continued the Texas tour with a trip to Buc-ees.  This is the BIGGEST HUGEST MOST TEXAS gas station ever. Look at the ice chests alone:


They dropped us off at the port around noon, and after boarding we were able to go eat in the buffet.  I miss cruising. Future posts coming on our stops.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know isn't Buccees CRAZY!!! Texas in general is CRAZY!! So excited to read about your cruise. I think some friends of mine were on your same cruise. They left out of HOuston on the same day I think on the same cruise company. I bet you saw them and didn't even know they knew me!! and then again I could be wrong and they could have been on a different cruise.

Rachelle said...

Aww, now I'm homesick! So glad you got to hang out with my crazy family. Can't wait to read about your cruise. I'm so tired of being cold. I want to live vicariously through your warm, sunny pictures!