Friday, June 8, 2018

End of the school year


Our Jamesy-Byron J-dog is now a preschool graduate! Their cap and gowns just slay me.


The candy leis were a hit, and quickly devoured. During his little highlight, the high school helper asked him to show off his roar so he did.

His very last day of school was a water day. He just had the best time.


I wish I could bring his preschool teacher home to our house.

I have no pictures of Andrew and Ben on their last day of 1st and 4th grade. I walked down to the school, but somehow they went by me and went home.

Benjamin did well in ELP  had great scores, and liked Ms Agrimson and she liked him. She said he was kind to others and attentive, especially to a boy who needed more academic and social help. He was also a peer buddy to one of the special education students. I missed his final dance performance (his teacher kept communicating through an app instead of through email or texts like normal people).

Andrew's teacher Ms Maher was not the best fit for him. She kept asking why he couldn't be quiet and good like the little girls in his class. And she wrote "Needs Improvement" under listening on his report card. I asked over and over for her to use a classroom mic because of his ear (even looping in the principal and the district), but she wouldn't.  But, his scores are all high.

Maxwell is all done with his first year of middle school! Almost straight As in his 7th grade honors/ELP classes. He grew a lot in confidence, made new friends and strengthened other friendships, and tried to be a friend to all. And he made Student Body leadership for next year, which was a big boost to his confidence to have people vote for him.

Now we are two days in to summer break, and would love any thoughts and prayers for JB in the mornings.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

James in his cap and gown!!! Frustrating about Andrew's teacher. Poor guy - it's not fair to be compared to others. Way to go Richards kids!!!