Apparently our 6 year old is becoming a master at smack-talk, because word is he told Ben to hold up a number two instead.
We've had the U outfit, but that's an authentic game-worn BYU jersey borrowed from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Joe, my Cougar support system within the Richards side of the family.
The pads came from a co-worker, the same one who gave us some girl clothes with the following flower costume for Millie-girl:
Except JB put the hat upside down when he went to the school Halloween parade.
Still darling!
How thankful I am for a man who sends me pictures of our family when I am at work and can't be there. I avoid the crowds but still see the important stuff.
James had been talking about Batman again, but instead latched onto the Green Dragon costume we have had since Max's toddling treat-begging days and worn by Ben here Andrew here and here and for a short time last year, too. He wore it to his preschool, where they went trick-or-treating through the high school. He LOVED it.
That night, I took the 3 littles, and the two big boys went with friends but checked in often - or the other parents let me know how they were doing. JB handed out candy, and then we switched at the end.
Here's our Marigold as I called her, barely able to see through the hat. I should have put it the other way.
Ben and Brayden and Quinn, inseparable since the summer.
Max and his best friend Andy and their group
Max was a nerd. He taped some glasses and hiked his pants up.
We went back and forth on whether a 7th-grader should trick-or-treat, but it appeared like most of his friends were doing it for the last time this year. Many of them are 13 but he just turned 12. We settled on a 2 hour limit. He made the most of it, hitting almost the entire neighborhood. He got 9 pounds of candy and says he'll eat two pieces a day.
2 comments:
Emily is reading this with me and before we scrolled down to Max she said "Wait did Max not dress up?" I said you get too old for trick or treating Emily he's probably there. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw him dressed up and said "See Max is still trick or treating so I can for sure go next year". Max the Hero!!!
I love Collette's comment! Your kids looked great!
Post a Comment