My leaf-rakers and smasher-downers were back this year to help not only clean up our yard this fall, but other yards as well.
Andrew our goofball stomped down leaves in our brown can with some dabbing action in October.
We again helped our dear friend Ann on the next street (she gets dumped on by a huge tree). And our neighbor a couple of houses down, Larae, wanted extra help this year with all her acorns. Hundreds of them. We went over a couple times to clean them up. When I hinted that maybe the tree ought to go, she said "Oh no, no."
Jamesy loved getting buried in the pile.
And he popped up to photobomb the picture I was taking of Millie in the leaves.
Andrew told me all about this stick he found in the brown can, as he rested from his stomping labors.
Here are both my good helpers in the can -- I was not going back to Larae's house one more time, I was determined to fit all her leaves in at once.
These boys snuck some acorns back home in their pockets and I found them softening in their room. They said something about wanting to feed the squirrels they were going to catch and keep as pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment