Thursday, November 9, 2017

Halloween extras

Kids are so much fun. Andrew and James really got into Halloween this year (as did Ben -- wanting me to make the house scarier). 


12 year old Max was a great sport about the pumpkins. We had four, but one turned rotten early, and he didn't mind not carving one. He is a kind soul.  Ben cut his finger while carving, but it healed quickly.

Oh, and I could only find small candles in our house that were Christmas-scented. So our jack-o-lanterns were pretty confused.

4 year old James asked me if he could be a dragon when he grew up. He wore the costume a lot, and asked me to take pictures of his tail. But he never held still, so they are all blurry.



9 year old Ben wore his costume a lot, despite me asking him not to wear it too much -- I was really worried about him getting the jersey dirty, because it is a real BYU jersey that we borrowed from JB's sister. He just LOVED the pads and wanted to show everyone, and wanted to play football with his friends or brothers in the whole getup. 



And any time Ben wore his football outfit, Andrew did too.  He is really learning how to push buttons with rival smack-talk and he is only 6. I keep emphasizing kindness...

Max threw together his nerd costume the Sunday afternoon before Halloween within 5 minutes, and thought the picture I took of him pushing up his glasses with his finger looked obscene. So took a selfie. Ok, several selfies.




We had monster cookies to decorate from our sweet neighbor Ann...





...and yard decorations to admire. They just loved this house and wanted to pose here.




One week later, Max still had a pretty full pillowcase of candy; Ben and Andrew's stashes are depleting fast (if not already gone). James's is long gone. We had leftover candy that I can't find! I think it's in the Bishop's office at church.



No comments: