It started when Andrew found his un-framed birth date cross-stitch in my sewing box. So I framed that, and finally got to steppin on James's creation and finally Millie's. James is four after all.
Here are the first three boys:
Here is James
Here is Millie's before I put it in a frame
And, since I felt like I was on a roll with the cross stitching again, I made this for her room
Then I remembered seeing something on Pinterest about cross-stitching over crochet stitches, so I made this fox hat for the next person I know to have a baby boy.
And, even though Millie barely sleeps in her own crib let alone has a pillow, I embellished this pillow case with some embroidery stitches for her. I did the crochet edge when I was pregnant with her.
The boys wanted to try sewing and crafting, too, so I helped Ben and Andrew make stuffed thingies (that are now somewhere under the couch), and I put embroidery thread on big needles for Andrew and James to sew through fabric. James LOVED it, happily stabbing here and there randomly.
Andrew had several crying fits when he felt it wasn't perfect, or when he went over instead of under or the thread got tangled. I told him that even Nona and his Great-Grandma Crossen make mistakes while sewing after years of practice, and it doesn't have to be perfect. That helped him settle down.
1 comment:
They're treasures!!
Post a Comment