Friday, August 4, 2017

Silver Lake

A few Saturdays ago, we went up to beautiful Silver Lake. This is a perfect hike with kids (and people like me who don't like steep inclines).

Donuts near the parking lot. Baby sister fell asleep in the car on the way up the canyon, so she was in her carseat in the stroller.


Four mountain goat brothers.


Almost all of the way around the meadows and lake is this boardwalk. It's to protect the watershed and the area, but I like to think it was so that people with strollers can also get into the mountains and enjoy a hike.


Millie woke up pretty soon, so we got her out of the stroller when she squawked.




If the state of Utah wants to put this image on their next calendar, I will allow it.


Part of the way is woodsy, with tall trees. We saw deer. Millie is trying to wiggle out of Ben's arms below. By the way, they all clamor to hold her in pictures.


But many times I win.



James was proud of his sticks or grass or whatever this was.


We really had a nice time. I swear I am not sugarcoating it for a good blog post -- there was no fighting or arguing, no skinned knees or hungry crying; it was beautiful nature and bonding. We should do it again!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Beautiful hike, and I agree - that pic of JB and Millie needs to be in a calendar!

cpace said...

I want to go now. But when the summer is almost over? Not enough time left aaahh..