We boarded buses by the football stadium and rode over to the MTC. JB says he had lots of memories come flooding back as we walked through the halls, because of the 3 months he spent htere before heading to Recife, Brazil.
I remember my mom telling me growing up about how her grandfather's farm and orchards were part of the land that later became the MTC campus. Memories came back to me of dropping off friends, JB's brother Scott (here is his return), and my brother Seth (here is where I dropped him off).
We walked through the old part, and then the new. I loved the tall ceilings, the light, and the beautiful huge paintings and still photos and quotations on the walls.
Max has just 6 years before he can go!
Max and Ben said the cafeteria looked pretty cool. All those different types of cereal.
On the drive back up to Salt Lake City, we stopped at a place I had read about and told the boys about for several months -- a Bricks and Minifigs Lego Store. I honestly thought it would be fun for them. The big boys have been wanting to use their money on Legos all summer.
The boys had their wallets....but it was SO expensive! It was a visit of about 2 1/2 minutes before turning around and coming back out. Ben was bummed, Max was disgusted -- and poor Andrew cried and shook his fists and said, "This isn't fun anymore!"
It was doubly disappointing because we had at one point talked about going to Legoland during this week. But JB the bargain shopper had two new Lego sets at home he pulled out for James and Andrew, and I took Max and Ben to Walmart where they picked out cool sets to spend their money on. And everybody was happy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment