Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lagoon and school preps

It was a good thing we decided to stick around instead of going to California, because we were able to get haircuts then go to Back to School Night on Thursday at two different schools. And Max was able to go to his 7th grade practice day Friday morning at the middle school.

This is the first time we have a bus-rider in our family, because the elementary school is just down the street. I still was on vacation Friday, so Millie and I went with Max to his bus stop.




I am glad I went, because the bus was really late! I called and they said it was a breakdown or something.  It finally came just before school was supposed to start, but ever since then has been on time.  Max found out on Friday that he knows several of the kids on the bus and has classes with a good variety of his friends from elementary school, church, and basketball. He got the hang of his locker, and felt a lot better about things.

After he got home (it was half-day for them), we went to Lagoon's water park for a few hours. Andrew rode some bigger slides for the first time and did great! Millie loved the lazy river. She wanted to be IN the water and kept wiggling all over to see it/splash it.



Saturday we had a laze-around day before the annual stake carnival that night.


Summer suddenly felt like it had sped by!

No comments: