Saturday, February 11, 2017

Max update

This amazing boy is all registered for middle school! Here we are at the event with the school counselors last week. He knows where to look with the reverse camera function on the phone. I, alas, still do not.




Max tried out for and made Orchestra II next year.  He was very proud of that. He has been playing viola since fifth grade and decided to keep it up.

Max is responsible and kind. I enjoyed hearing his 6th grade teacher explain the things she enjoys about him when we met for SEP conference on Wednesday. He asks how he can help, and keeps her on track, she said. And his reading and math scores are great. I have started laying off him about homework so he can learn to take more responsibility for deadlines and consequences, before it gets really serious in middle and high school. 

He also watches his brothers so JB and I can grab a quick early dinner date with the baby on occasion. They mostly just watch a show.  For now, all four boys fit on the couch together. It can get elbowy.


Max is improving so much on his superleague basketball team. Some games are late and I miss them. Another fun note about Max -- he likes to listen to adult conversations and we don't realize until he is commenting along about an issue or a person. Whoops!


2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Max is a great kid!

cpace said...

He's kind of always been a mini adult. You are lucky to have him