Monday, February 6, 2017

Highs and lows

High - the Super Bowl

My brother Joe invited us down to his house, but I was worried about bed times and having to turn around and go home by half-time. So, we invited JB's bishopbric families and our friends the Peters to our house to watch the game. Overtime meant late bed time anyway but it was really fun, with delicious leftovers. Peanut. Butter. Bars.  James ran around so much that he fell asleep in the middle of his nightly prayer on his bed.

Low - My boys wanted the Falcons to win

High -  the temperatures

It was upper 40s on Saturday, and we (mostly JB) had deep cleaned the house house for our Super Bowl guests, so I took five children over to the park.


Low - the remaining snow

I think I thought some magical taxpayer-funded gnomes removed snow off of public playgrounds. But these boys soon had a timer going of how fast they could go through the obstacles.




And Millie slept all snug in her seat in the stroller with blankets.

High - stake conference on Sunday

It was the best its ever been with 5 children. Millie slept in her seat for more than half of it, and Andrew sat by the Peters (they are soooo patient), the big boys can draw/listen, and that left James with my full attention, and JB could take notes. I came away uplifted and inspired, and normally I just leave those two hours with a frazzled and spent attitude.

Lowest of the lows -  friends are moving.

I can keep in touch with Becky and Brooke via Facebook and Instagram and texting, but our boys will lose the daily contact they have with their great friends. That's the part that made me cry over this, seeing my boys sad.

I think back to how my family growing up had to move every couple of years, and how it did make my siblings all closer together, but losing friends is the pits.  Still, growth is good, and moving causes growth for those who leave and for those who are left behind. (sob)

No comments: