Monday, February 20, 2017

JB and Mary update

I am on a roll, now, with these updates. JB remains busy. And he got sick recently.  But he is a trooper.  The big boys can get breakfast for the little boys, but JB can't sleep in when baby wakes up early and momma works super early.


Mirror selfies and phone turn-around-selfies are just fun.  We didn't have iphones when our first was a baby, or I think we also would have done the same with him.



JB longs for warm weather and a vacation where he can just have even a tiny break from all the stress and responsibility he carries.  We had a stretch of storms where he was shoveling and snowblowing half the block, with the big boys out there helping, too.  Hopefully February and March are kind to our snowpack but also our backs.

JB had the BEST Valentine's Day surprise for me, and really for the whole family. It took him weeks of sorting through pictures when he had time, but he updated our collage in the hall to include all of our babies' pictures. It was just Max and Ben through their toddler years. Now all five of our children are on the wall and I smile every time I walk past. Which is often. It's a small house.  AND, he made another collage for downstairs! It's the best.

He helps the boys' basketball team and gets some playing time on Tuesday nights, and works out with his brother Scott twice a week.

I have a pedometer but forget to work on getting more steps. Nicer weather should bring back our daily walks.

I also have a thing about eyebrows.  Still.   (That post was almost 9 years ago! I got 11 comments on that post. So many quiet or lost readers now.)  Recently, I got them dyed. I wish I had done it like my friends/family said to 9 years ago in those comments in the post!



That is my picture right afterward that I sent to my little sister Rachel, the brow queen. They have faded in the two weeks since and aren't as thick, but the remaining color should last for hopefully a few months, like when you dye your hair. I very happy about them.

I took my newly dyed brows to the Stake Big Band night. Max was sick, and JB and Ben were at basketball. So the rest of us represented. It was two days later and I wore the same shirt. And I looked down and I am wearing it now (it is from Rachel).


I think that picture turned out real nice!

No comments: