Tuesday, October 11, 2016

BYandU

Over the years it has seemed the boys lean more toward the U.

Like I wrote about in this post when Max was 5 1/2 and Ben was 3.

And this post when Ben was 2 years old and went by Benny and went to all the home games that season.

Or this post when I took Max to his first BYU game at age 4, and he kept saying "Go Utes."

They love their daddy and Papa. The duo has season tickets together again this year.


Benny went with a friend to the first game. Then when the newest Richards baby was born in Arizona (and he's sooo cute in pictures), Papa was in Phoenix, so Max went with JB to Rice-Eccles Stadium. 


It was rainy and they won on the very last play.


JB claims that when we got married, we agreed that our boys would be Utah fans and our girls would be BYU fans. I do not remember this agreement AND THEN WE HAD FOUR BOYS.  But now with a girl, I have been putting Millie in blue on game day.



We kept losing. I put Millie in red for the next Utah game.


And they lost that day at the very end. Weird. So the jury is still out on her allegiance. 

Meanwhile, Max and Ben have been watching both teams on TV and are cheering for both. During the BYU Utah game in September, Ben even changed shirts back and forth several times. Our home teacher asked his favorite team, and he said BYU! JB's face was....not sure how to describe it. Max said both, and James and Andrew are not really paying attention. They are more into cars and dinosaurs and Star Wars.  I will say that when I sang the BYU fight song to Andrew, he just looked curious. But when I launched into Utah Man, his face brightened and he perked up and tried to sing along.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Well it doesn't help that the cougs can't seem to be able to pull off a win when we face the utes...! I just love football. So grateful for a chance to sit down and enjoy a game every once in a while.