Saturday, October 8, 2016

History repeats itself

At church a couple Sundays ago, I lifted Millie up to put on my shoulder, and my friend laughed and said: "She is the bishop with a bow!" I wrote here about how they all seem to look like him, but as Andrew has grown he looks a lot like my side of the family.  And almost everyone says that Millie looks like Andrew. Same big eyes. So I hunted down some baby pictures, and wow - twins.

Here is Millie at the motel on our road trip, getting ready for bed -- one of the few times she doesn't have on a bow.



And here is Andrew at age 4 months.




While going through old pictures of Andrew as a baby, I found some of Ben at around James's current age of 3, 3 1/2 -- and they look alike!   Ben is even doing a James face in the pictures below as he tries to poke or squeeze Andrew. That suppressed rage, you know?



 



Here is James doing a similar face this week.


James at 3 is reminding me a lot of Benny at 3. New baby rocking their world in addition to the challenges that already come with being 3 years old. Lots of meltdowns and defiance and tantrums.

We had many struggles and tears with that Benny's behavior, but now Ben is a sweet, good-natured helper at age 8 1/2.  I asked the big boys to fast with me tomorrow on fast Sunday for James (I do a fast from treats/sweets and just eat the basics while nursing). I am really worried about how he will react when I go back to work next week. Millie is 12 weeks old on Monday. In fact, I pray the adjustment will go smoothly for our whole family.

1 comment:

cpace said...

I have a book I recently read that might help. I'll talk to you about it soon