Raising four boys is really just deja vu (which I've written about before here). I don't know if others feel the same way with a mix of boys and girls, but I see so many similarities between Max+Ben and now Andrew+James at the same ages.
Here is a 21-month-old Ben sitting on a 3-year-old Max (from this post)
And here is 3-year-old James sitting on 5-year-old Andrew.
It's turnabout equaling fair play from when Andrew used to sit on James a lot (see this post). Andrew is still the same by the way about James as he was then -- he's always touching him or trying to be in contact with him. It took all my arm and leg strength to block him from getting across me to James on the pew last Sunday when James fell asleep. Andrew: "I just wanna kiss him." Me: "No no." Andrew: "Can I reach him?" Me (hissing): "Let him sleep! No touchy!"
As I said recently on Instagram, boys are really just bear cubs on two hind legs. They wrestle and have pillow fights and dog piles and feats of strength.
It's all fun and games until someone comes running to mom with a bad bonk or owie and a need for a cuddle and a kiss. So they are softie bear cubs, let's be honest.

1 comment:
I love your softie bear cubs! I can't wait to see how Baby Girl adds to the dynamics.
Post a Comment