Friday, July 1, 2016

Getting ready

The baby is coming this month.  We have a pink room! With a chandelier! And I love love love love it.

JB started Saturday morning.  Look at those four blond heads watching him, enthralled with the process.


They really wanted to "help." 


So I took them all on errands for a few hours. A haircut for James, Costco, lunch, the library.  At Costco we ran into my OB/GYN and all the boys told her about "Daddy painting the room PINK!"  We came back and JB had a first coat on the walls. Here's something I made for the wall:


And I found this small cross stitch I made several years ago, put it in a frame and put it on the shelf in that room.


And then yesterday JB put a beautiful chandelier in to the light fixture just like a professional electrician would. The basketball light of 11 years won't fit into either of the boys' bedrooms downstairs with their low ceilings, but if we ever move or remodel it can go back up. I'm not saying this girl won't like or won't play basketball (because she probably will, and that's awesome); it just felt like a nice thing to put up something fancy.

The boys are anxious to see the baby. We found out on Thanksgiving Day, announced it Christmas Day, and are due Pioneer Day. This is a long time, people! 

Andrew really wants to go to the hospital with us when it is time, "to see how it all works," he said.   He is very curious about that. I try to explain things in general terms for a 5-year-old's ears, but...yeah.  He also wants to know what color the baby's hair will be. JB said: "Probably blond, like all of us." Andrew:  "But mommy's hair is not blond, it's brown. But I did see a picture of her when she dyed her hair blond." Haha.  Andrew by the way once talked about a sister named she-gator two years ago in this post.

James sings the Daniel Tiger refrain, "You can be a big helper, in your family" and he says he will be a good big brother by bringing the baby her bottles.  This from the boy who breastfed until he was around 23 months old.  Hey, I thought he was my last, I couldn't give it up.

I started non-stress tests at the doctor's office this past week. I have to go in weekly until the baby is born and sit in a recliner and they listen to the baby's heartbeat. "Older mom" stuff. This girl moves so much, you can often see my whole stomach move and lurch and ripple. It reminds me a lot of my 2nd pregnancy, with Ben.

Heartburn, spit, can't sleep well, can't move well, hot -- very hot. All complaints I could say a lot, but I really am so grateful for this opportunity to take part in the miracle of bringing a baby into the world.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I want to see she-gator's chandelier!

cpace said...

Love the pink room