Monday, July 11, 2016

Sum sum summer time

JB is a good dad. The best dad to play with boys who are out of school and have a very pregnant, tired mom.  He takes them on errands or various things while I am at work, or afterward when I am napping. Baby and I appreciate it.  The nausea and fatigue have come back big time.  But I do miss out on seeing them all have fun, so I am glad for all the pictures he sends me from his phone.

He has taken the boys a few times to Lagoon, including the time below where the other two got to each bring a friend. This was after riding Cannibal (which I have been successfully able to nope out of for two summers now).



Last Tuesday all the cousins met at Lagoon.


Papa was exec o' the day, and it was Nona's birthday!


Apparently James kept trying to slip off JB's lap on the intertube and dive into the Lazy River: "I swim, I swim."

Earlier this month JB and our boys had a picnic and playing at Liberty Park.


There are water features there. This below may be my new favorite photo of our four sons.



Recently one late afternoon, JB tossed a frisbee around in the front yard while I sat on the porch and laughed and watched as these three all got sports jerseys on for the big game.


Ben was inside at the time, watching American Ninja Warrior. It's another summer-time obsession. He's been trying to make his own course in the backyard, and came in to tell Andrew that he had finished an obstacle. Andrew dashed outside, then returned sobbing his eyes out: "It's only a bucket by the tree! Waaaaahhhh."

I do hang out in the backyard with the boys a fair amount. I sit in the shade and let them play with water. Uncle Scott comes to work out and exercise with JB, and he is a good bucket-dumper.


Last month JB took the four to a fire safety event/open house.  Soon after this we found James's fire truck bed for sale, so that was perfect timing by capitalizing on his excitement for firefighters.


Besides the firemen hats, they all got new bike helmets for free. And they picked up a pink one for the future (:



At the end of May, JB took the two little boys to the park for swinging. That's when the weather was cooler and they wore pants. I wish I remembered what cooler weather felt like!




1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Free bike helmets?!? That's awesome!!!