Sunday, June 12, 2016

His Day

This year we have church at 12:30.  JB is gone all morning for Bishop meetings and appointments.

Afternoon church presents some challenges when it comes to preparation and reverence, because our boys all wake up before or around 7 AM.


I often put Andrew and James in the tub while I do my hair and makeup. Then James likes to run around the house sans clothes before we can wrestle him down. It sometimes works to give him my iPhone:


Ben feels leftout sometimes, because it's often not until church that I can turn my attention to him and tie his tie. I was touched by Max's helpfulness recently:



Lately, those Sunday mornings were getting more full of arguing, of searching for Sunday shoes and socks, of a mad rush out the door at 12:10 (because we like to be in our seats 15 minutes early).

So I was glad to open LDS.org one day and see a Family Home Evening lesson on keeping the Sabbath holy.  It came with a video, and JB took this picture of all the boys watching that video on Monday night.


We talked about how it's not just a list of Dos and Don'ts, but an attitude.  We made some boys-and-mommy goals of how to improve our reverence and preparation, in our choices of activities on Sundays.  It's been so much better in the Sundays since then.

It is HIS day, and it makes our whole week better.

No comments: