Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A chair of bowlies


While on a nice walk around the neighborhood yesterday (pulling Ben in the wagon with one hand and Max's bike handles with the other (he's still scared of corners)), I passed someone I know taking cherries off their tree.

He offered some, I accepted one. "Yum yum," I said, and was about to continue on my way, when he said, "Take more!" I had no way to carry them home so I declined.

Last night, as I'm heading to bed, JB answered a knock on the door. There was the cherry picker, holding several BRANCHES of his cherry tree.

"I got tired of picking them," he said, "So I cut down the branches."

And that's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Bekah said...

That is hilarious! I wonder if you can put the branches in water and grow your own cherry trees from them? Were the cherries good?

cpace said...

I think this is hilarious knowing how much you like fruit!

Sarah said...

Too funny!! Love the pictures of the branches on your table. I bet the cherries were really good!

Alyssa said...

that is crazy funny!