Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lessons learned

I have been quite busy for the last two weeks so that's why my posts have slowed down. I now do newscasts on another radio station as well every morning. At the same time my main duties at my own station have changed somewhat. It's a little stressful getting used to the changes (my neck and shoulder blades hhhurrrttt from the stress) but I am having fun being, what I call, a News Princess. I just get home and crash.

Anyhoo, I learned two lessons today:

1) Don't put on 18-month-old Benny's shoes before my own. He likes to get right up on my toes as he clamors to be picked up. His 30 pounds and frantic energy really hurt my little piggies. Also, don't paint your toenails after putting Benny's shoes on -- and hide while it dries. He stepped and stomped the new polish all off.

2) A silky skirt that looked good in college and the single years does not work with two children. As they climbed on and off of my lap during church my slip and slippery skirt kept slip-sliding away from each other.

1 comment:

Jenny Richards said...

been there done that.... (well not the news princess thing)