Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

I broke the news to the Young Women in my church last night when I went up to visit them at their week-long camp. Half were shocked, the other half said, "Well he was pretty creepy."

My YW President though said, "He's dead??" And I said, "Yup. So's Farah Fawcett." "WHAT??," she goes. "Don't come up here to the mountains and tell me bad news!"

Every where I turn I hear his music this morning. "Thriller" is being played the most, but I have "PYT" in my head right now. Sometimes I hum the Jackson 5's "ABC."

So rather than wax poetic about Michael Jackson, the icon, the influence, the INCIDENTS...I think we should play, "What Michael Jackson song is in your head today?"

4 comments:

Bekah said...

All of them now, thanks a lot!

Several radio stations were doing Michael Jackson tributes this morning. One of the DJ's even commented that MTV was playing VIDEOS today (I know!). Anyway, thanks to the tributes I've had "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" on a loop in my head all morning. Makes me wanna disco.

Amy said...

been singing Thriller all morning - and doing the dance of course.

Sarah Preston said...

Michael, you will be missed.

Angelle said...

For sure Billie Jean!! His songs are everywhere right now, very fun.