Friday, January 9, 2009

Pens update

(Thanks Jackie for the picture)

After the last blog post fondly remembering the pens, I suddenly found one in our kitchen -- I hadn't seen one in months. I said to my wedded one, "Hey! Our wedding pen! Where did you find it?''

He looked at me funny and said, "It's been in our checkbook all this time."

Oh.

Hmmm.

Apparently I don't really notice the financial comings and goings in our household. Bills, schmills. Thankfully I have a check-book balancing, sharp, on-time-bill-paying, math-doing husband.

But I still have a new goal to pay more attention to the checkbook. I may run into an old pen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pen still resurfaces around my house every so often. I don't believe I have ever kept a pen that long. And to be honest, I don't know when I have actually used it.

Jacks said...

Okay - that's awesome. We should start a blog just about your pens. And people can guest post about their pen experience, where they found the pen, what has become of their pens.

I'm telling you - immortal.

Best. idea. ever.

Anonymous said...

I've been using mine to write in my journal for the last 5 years. Well, in the last 3 years I haven't really written much but the pen sits there faithfully, waiting for me to start chronicling again.

I think I may have left one in a tube at the bank. I wonder where it is now?

McInnes Family said...

I think the pen is a great idea!! I think our M&M's were gone the next day :) Looks like you guys had a nice Holiday season. Hopefully we can hang out sometime in the near future.

JoLynn said...

Hee-hee! You are funny. I can totally see you saying that.

Lexie said...

Those pens are awesome, why didn't I think of that? Did you hand them out as people came in or as they left?

Mary said...

The pens were in a basket by my bridal picture as people came in. But it was the same way out, so they may have grabbed them then. Such a blur...