Explanation: Every afternoon I put Ben in his crib for naptime, then lay down on my queen bed with Max. We read a few books, and lately they are in the same order. Clifford Goes to the Circus, Elmo's ABCs, and The Saggy Baggy Elephant.
By the time I get to the story of the wrinkled pachiderm, I am nodding off. Most of Max's books I can recite with my eyes closed by now. Apparently so can he. He started to poke me -- "Hey Mom! That's not right!" I had started to mumble about the Saggy Baggy clown who knew the letter Z because he saw it at the circus. I must have thrown in something about cheese too because he pried open my eyelids and looked at me funny.
Also heard this week: "I want to watch Nochio again." Pinnochio is Max's movie du week. He borrowed it from Nona and wants to make sure he gets it good and memorized before it's time to return it. He and his cousin Emily also love watching Cinderella on Sundays after dinner up there. I've been wondering what films to add to my library for him -- we have Lady and the Tramp, all three Shreks, but not much else. Benny could care less about movies right now. He toddles past and pulls Max's hair to see what reaction he can get.
1 comment:
You have to get "Dumbo" and teach your boys how to play Clumsy Elephants! ;) "Hercules" and "Monsters Inc" are also good choices for boys. I haven't seen "Cars" but it sounds boyish.
Post a Comment