
It's a bittersweet feeling for me that this is the last weekend of the Olympics. Bitter because I'll miss talking about the events with everybody. Sweet because they are taking a bite out of my sleeping time at night. I watched pole vaulting, high jump, rythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming way too this weekend, mostly online. Did anybody else see the Japan swimmer faint in the water?
I'll also miss the volleyball events, and the feeling that I "could have been a contender!" I played in middle school but that was it. Could I have been the next Logan Tom? Maybe not; I am 5'7" and those girls are tall ("Amazons. How did you all find each other?" - Dwight, The Office).
By the way, why have I not been able to touch my nose to my shin by now? This would have helped me in so many events. Diving, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, long jump, etc. These Olympics have left me with a desire to take better care of myself -- either by running, swimming or at least stretching more.
1 comment:
Maybe "nose-to-shin" should be my new exercise goal too. Forget cardio and all that other crap. If I can get my nose to my shin then everything else will be cake. Diving? No problem! Twist into a pretzel? You got it! Arm wrestling? Err... maybe not.
Congrats also on the sleeping three year old. Here's hoping he keeps it up!
Post a Comment