Most of the hike was flat through this red sand on the way to and from the canyon, but I was scared on a steep part, and very glad JB carried Millie safely up and down. Max helped talk me through where to put my feet. Max and Ben also helped guide the little boys.
It was around 4.5 miles round trip, but Millie and I didn't do the middle part, through the slot canyon itself. There was a big climb to get inside and I just figured she and I could rest and wait for the boys and dad to do the loop.
They said it got tight inside but it was really cool.
By the way we saw two missionaries on the hike. It was their P day but they still wore their name tags. On the way back west on Hole in the Rock Road we stopped at Devil's Garden. It's a cool place to explore the rocks and formations.
I think I could do it again -- and try to go into the slot canyon next time, but not with a 3 year old. Last time we did Lower Calf Creek Falls. Next time we go down, there's another hike we want to try that crosses the Escalante River.





1 comment:
I wanna!! Thanks for the vicarious hike.
Post a Comment