Monday, March 30, 2020

Recommendations again

Books 

"Wonderland" by Chris Grabenstein (and the sequels. Ben likes them)

"The 39 Clues" series by various authors/Scholastic Press (I'm reading to Andrew at night)

"I Saw the Lord" by Kerry Muhlestein and "Joseph Smith's First Vision" by Steven Harper (I interviewed them both for my documentary, and the books are a great way to understand the event.)

"Secrets and Suitors" by Joanna Barker (when you just want a happy ending)

"The Road" by Cormac McCarthy- if you want to feel depressed yet smart because it must be real literature (it's for book group this month)


Movies

"The Fighting Preacher" - about Willard Bean, who lived in the Smith Family Farm as a missionary 100 years ago. Our friends lent it to us when I got back from New York.

"Yesterday" - I saw it on the plane and texted my dad when I landed.

"Playing with Fire" - on the plane back from London. A fun one to watch with my boys

"JoJo Rabbit" - plane again. Wow, super good. Quirky and satire.

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" - Netflix. Surprisingly very funny and sweet.

"The Reality of Love/I Want to Marry Ryan Banks" - satire of The Bachelor

"Once Upon a Christmas Miracle" (Hallmark) - based on a real story; more deep and less cheesy

"The Count of Monte Cristo" - I hadn't seen it in years, but we watched it this week with the older boys and they liked it. I forgot how good it was.

I'm hoping they'll like any of my collection of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, because that may be next if this stay-at-home situation continues.

TV Shows

"Brooklyn 99."  Why did I wait so long to watch this? It's hilarious!

"This is Us." I've recommended this before and I know it's totally playing on my emotions but JB and I can't quit it, and the season 3 finale was .

Anything on ESPN "El Ocho" and E60. We've seen stories on catfish noodling, cup stacking, pit spitting, rock skipping, beard growing, sasquatch calling, and everything else.



1 comment:

cpace said...

I've never seen Count of Monte Cristo but I loved reading the book. I think I try and watch it