Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Isolation central

Coronavirus has changed everything lately. We haven't left the house in days.

Cajoling, bribing, encouraging and helping with massive homework packets and assignments sent from school. Taking turns on the laptops. Hiding in closets to take phone calls.



JB works from home anyway, but usually not with this many people on top of each other.  And good mortgage rates means more re-finances. I came back from New York and my boss said to work from home all the time. It's a quiet, dark house at 4am and I sneak outside for live shots in my car every half-hour.

We move to different spots for different activities, like the garage, the attic, the backyard or our neighbor's backyard playset (no children live there).




Max was playing tennis for Highland and moving up, but that's all done now, and they closed the courts, so he's been trying to keep up his skills in the driveway.


Max's has AP and Honors classes, yet his PE teacher has been the one sending the most emails home and demanding proof he has done his assignments. So he sent him this planking picture. Millie is on my back.




I alter between extreme stress (our children's education, radio deadlines, this conference special, will another earthquake hit, will there be an economic depression...you get the idea) to resignation..to reading something from the prophet or apostles that makes me take a deep breath and remember to have faith everything will work out

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I was so relaxed that first weekend, so I was super surprised to be SO BUSY during isolation! We keep tweaking our schedule, which helps. I tip my hat at both you and JB for juggling everything - well done! I am so looking forward to GC!